I noticed that Vanilla Bean couldn’t keep up with Princess during our 15 minutes short walk. Often times, I ended up carrying her back home. So, I thought of bringing a bag with me the next time we’re out for a walk. When I checked my existing totes, none is suitable for my little puppy. Since I’m in a crafting mood, I decided to make one from scratch just for her.
There are five points I considered before doing this project.
- First, I want Vanilla Bean to ride in ease and comfort.
- Second, the tote bag should fit her size and could carry her weight.
- Third, I’m not spending a dime so I’ll have to recycle and make use of the available materials I already have.
- Fourth, embellishment would be minimal for my puppy is still teething.
- Last, project time constraints is within an hour.
I picked out my favorite old pair of jeans, some leftover nylon strapping, and decorative ribbon for this project. Making this bag from scratch was easy; it only requires basic sewing skills. It took me less than an hour to finish it than writing the step-by-step tutorial published on Cut Out + Keep. Here’s the link http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/doggie-tote Hope your pet likes it too.:)